Goa Honeymoon Package Booking Enquiry

*Name :
*Email Id :
*Country :
*City:
*Phone No:
*Journey Date:
*Tour Duration:
*Adult/Child :
*Detail Requirements :
*Please Enter Image code :   Verification image code, Type it in the box
 
Forts in Goa
Goa has a rich historical legacy that many don't know about. A living testimony to this historical legacy is the famous forts of Goa. Not only are they popular tourist attractions but they also provide vital historical information to historians and archaeologists. The forts of Goa tell dramatic tales of history to those who visit and even today one can feel the mystical air of the rich historical legacy lingering here. Though most of the forts are almost in ruins, the concerned authorities preserve it and take care of it. The forts of Goa are a must visit if you are traveling in India.
Cabo De Rama Fort Cabo De Rama Fort

The Cabo De Rama fort of Goa is located on the southern coast of Goa. The cape is crowned by a fort which was originally a Hindu structure and rebuilt by Portuguese in 1763 when they took over. They built a chapel inside the fort. The chapel is still in use, but otherwise the fort lies in ruins, which gives it a magical look. It was uninhabited for many years, which gives it a naturally ruined look. Cabo De Rama fort is also known as The Cape of Rama, it takes its name from the Hindu epic Ramayana hero, Lord Rama as according the Hindu belief Lord Rama during his exile from Ayodhya stayed here.
Cabo De Rama Fort of Goa had 21 guns for its defense, a chapel, military barracks and quarters for the use of the commandant under the Portuguese.

Also a well was there within the fort and from one of the two springs that it had in its vicinity, cold and hot water used to emerge from two different spouts. It was used as a prison till 1955 after it was taken over by the British from 1792 to 1813. The main entrance has been restored and yellow washed but the fort now lies in ruins.
 
Book Your Tour Now
Chapora Fort Chapora Fort

Chapora Fort of Goa is situated near the Anjuna Beach. It was built by Adil Shah, ruler of Bijapur and is built out of red laterite stones.

The fort gives a spectacular view of the sea as it is situated atop a cliff, on the coast of the Anjuna beach. A few ruins here and there give a mystical look to it, though otherwise it has been well preserved. It was given a new dimension when the Portuguese took over and one can see traces of the Portuguese architecture in it.

An awesome site with all sides having steep slopes. Chapora fort stands above the whole upland area having irregular outer plan, outline of the higher slopes, uses the natural contours to add defensive height to the fullest advantage instead of dry ditches being dug.

At the top of the steep approach track on the main gate, which is small and unpretentious for so large fort, is deep and narrow. Depending on their position of the defense requirement, the bastions with their enormous embrasures for cannon are irregularly spaced, each having the cylindrical turret that gives a special character.
 
Book Your Tour Now
Terekhol Fort Terekhol Fort

The Terekhol Fort of Goa is situated on the banks of the Terekhol River and was built by Maharaja of Sawanwadi in 17th century. The fort was taken over by Portuguese and they rebuilt it again in 1764. The fort flourishes in peace and serenity as calm seas surround it. One can enjoy the beautiful view of the endless sea for hours together and soak in the rich historical legacy it has to offer.

The fort houses a century old church - St Anthony, which is mostly closed throughout the year. It is opened for the public during certain festivals, usually in the month of May. The fort presently houses a tourist hotel. The tranquility of the place is accentuated by the confluence of the serene sea and the river.�
 
Book Your Tour Now
Aguada Fort Aguada Fort

Aguada fort of Goa is located at a distance of about 18 km from Panjim, it is a major tourist draw in spite being a not so colossal a structure. This fort was built by the Portuguese in 1612 A.D. This fort was built in order to protect Goa from any external enemy attacks from the sea. Built near the Mandovi River, the Aguada fort derives its name from the Portuguese word "Aguada" which means "water". The place where this fort is situated is a hotspot of many natural springs, which provided the Portuguese with drinking water. A part of the fort has been transformed into central jail. Otherwise, the scenic Aguada Fort is nice spot to unwind and relax.
 
Book Your Tour Now